Senior Animation Engineer
7 days ago
Job Title:Senior Animation Engineer
As a Senior Animation Systems Engineer you will optimizing, enhancing, and developing new engine animation systems on top of the foundation of Call of Duty’s AAA technology. This is a great opportunity to be part of a hardworking team that defines and shapes the technology which will push our upcoming Call of Duty titles further in animation.
You will be developing the engine animation systems for our shipping products as well as improving the workflows of our development team. Qualified candidates will need to have a background in both engine development and the animation technology that will support a game.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design, modify, optimize, and debug engine animation and tools systems
- Research and document ways of improving our animation systems and tools
- Deploy, evaluate performance, and test software on all supported platforms
- Communicate features and development
- Participate in the performance and code review process
- Contribute to the design and roadmap of industry-leading AAA engine technology
- Collaboration and co-development with other teams
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- Experience developing and optimizing engine animation systems
- Effective 3D math and algebra skills
- Strong programming skills in C/C++and a background with multi-threaded systems
- Debugging skills, including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Shipped at least one game title
- 5+ years of experience working in the game industry or related field
- Collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
- Passion for character animation
Nice to have:
- Understanding of state machines, blend trees, low-level playback as related to animation
- Familiarity with animation techniques like pose-space deformations and blend shapes
- Background with physics-based ragdolls, cloth, and IK systems
- Experience with digital content creation tools (Max, Maya, Houdini, etc.)
About Raven Software
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games, most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.