Animation Engineer (All Levels)
9 days ago
Playground Games is looking for an Animation Engineer to join our Fable team on contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Animation Engineer you will be working with our custom, proprietary engine.
You will be working with the animation and technical animation teams to deliver a best-in-class animation system for AAA games.
Our ideal candidate is an engineer with an understanding of animation technologies, who is passionate about their craft and has the track record to prove it. Your passion for animation technology means you are not only implementing cutting edge systems, but also aware of trends and technologies being developed by other studios.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the animation and technical animation team to understand their requirements and help guide the direction of our internal animation technology.
- Develop animation systems and get involved in foundational architectural decisions and implementation.
- Collaborate with our design teams to help develop creative solutions to achieve their goals.
What you’ll bring:
- Engineering experience preferably within animation.
- C++ and software architecture skills.
- Passion for animation engineering, and a desire to keep learning and staying on the cutting edge.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.