24 days ago
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a friendly and curious Animation Director who wants to help create a new competitive shooter as part of an incubation game team.
You will join a team that believes:
- Building a great team is as important as building a great game.
- A small team of veterans with focus and chemistry can achieve magical results.
- Growing is more important than knowing.
In this role, you will work with a team of talented artists that can create epic gameplay and cinematic animations for a unique case of stunning 3D characters, weapons, props, and more.
Location(s) and Travel
Our team is excited to welcome new remote team members*, with expected online collaboration hours from 10 am – 4 pm PST. Our goal is to grow a healthy team where we value our time together, so travel to offsite locations for collaborative sessions can be expected, but not limited to, once a quarter.
*This role is available in all US states except NY, DE, HI.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You excel at building animation teams and leading them to success and are capable of creating incredible animation yourself.
- You are well organized, work effectively with project planners, and dependably deliver tasks on time and can do it with complete autonomy.
- You are proactive & curious about learning what is state of the art technology for your craft.
- You are fiercely passionate about games and what they mean to our players and believe your art should serve the broader player experience above pure aesthetic goals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Masterfully direct or animate human character, weapons and props for both in-game and cinematic sequences.
- Establish efficient animation processes, procedures and pipelines.
- Expert level cleaning and polishing of motion capture data when needed.
- Ensure animations are performant in-engine and meet technical requirements and constraints.
- Troubleshoot complex animation-related issues.
- Define, create and iterate animation guides.
- Provide exceptionally consistent, reliable, and outstandingly articulated notes and feedback to internal or external animators and vendors.
- Partner with production to create and maintain timeline expectations and schedules.
- Playtest every day and give feedback, even on non-art related work.
- 12+ years industry experience animating for video games or film.
- Art Leadership experience.
- Unreal Engine Experience as it applies to the scope of the role.
- Master level key-frame animation skills in a 3D application like Maya.
- IP incubation experience.
- Competitive shooter experience.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is a AAA independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made. We unite a diverse roster of development teams in a healthy, rewarding culture. We believe empowered creators build the most engaging games and deliver the best player experiences.
ProbablyMonsters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We provide a rich benefits package:
- Medical Coverage - health, dental, and vision paid at 100% for the employee and dependents are subsidized by the Company.
- Healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life, and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with an annual contribution by the Company.
- Paid holidays and vacation, bereavement leaves, and parental leave.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt (salaried) position.
- The full salary range for this position is $197,200 - $305,600 per year. The upper third of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. When an offer is made, many factors are considered, such as your unique experience and skills, where you live, where the work will be performed, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, and what you're looking for.
- In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for additional incentives, such as a sign-on bonus and short- and long-term incentives. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.