This job might no longer be available.
Agile Project Manager - Engineering and Platform
Montreal QC ca
12 days ago
The Engineering and Platform team is looking for an experienced and dedicated Project Manager (Agile) to join our growing team. The focus will be on to oversee various initiatives from start to end all while using Agile practices. Having a proven track-record in achieving milestones and meeting deadlines is only part of what we are looking for, you’ll also need to demonstrate leadership skills, critical thinking and a problem-solving attitude in this position.
The Engineering and Platform team is the creative powerhouse behind Ubisoft’s IT platform: a one-stop destination, offering teams access to services for leveraging cloud and infrastructure in a uniform, self-serve way. We rely on modern infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes at its core and pushing its boundaries to host platform services in multiple variations.
- Implement appropriate methodologies for effective project management that meet quality standards and deadlines;
- Guide and coach the Scrum team and organize the use of Agile/Scrum practices and values;
- Follow up on the progress of the work and provide guidance on project initiatives;
- Assist product owners and team leads in managing and maintaining product, sprint and issue backlogs;
- Facilitate Agile rituals efficiently and strictly;
- Communicate statuses to project stakeholders on a regular basis, all while ensuring quality communication;
- Regular reporting on the status of his / her projects. Escalate risks and scope projects when needed;
- Along with managers, determine the resources required by teams and ensure knowledge transfer;
- Understand the workflow processes and the inter-departmental relations and to ensure optimal solutions are chosen;
- Close projects (report, post-mortem, etc.);
- Experience as an Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master;
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle;
- Master agile software development technics – practice and teach others;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including presentation, meeting facilitation and team building techniques;
- Efficiency with time tracking and collaboration tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, JIRA Agile, SharePoint, Confluence);
- Understanding of game technology fundamentals;
- Business oriented - Ability to interact with representatives from different sectors, use a pedagogical approach and communicate technical and business concepts to all types of audiences;
- Ability to make decisions quickly in a constantly changing environment and demonstrate capacity for innovation;
- Ability to draft documents that are clear and well-structured;
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.