Adaptive Data Operations Specialist, Anti-Spam
10 days ago
As an Anti-Spam Adaptive Data Operations Specialist on Trust & Safety, you will be responsible for helping to keep Discord free of spam. The highly analytical and strategic position will be responsible for user questions and reports regarding spam, as well as influencing scaled approaches to uprooting new spam vectors before they impact users and for managing quality assurance of existing anti-spam measures. Successful candidates will be highly collaborative and versatile in their approaches, be comfortable rolling up their sleeves to uncover abuse vectors as they take shape, and be able to communicate technical complexity and policy considerations with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
- Own documentation and quality assurance of Discord’s scaled anti-spam efforts, and flag potential deviations to relevant stakeholders
- Think both quantitatively and qualitatively to create reports and suggestions that improve, optimize, and innovate our scaled anti-spam methods
- Analyze new and potential product features and propose plans to help reduce or remove spammy behavior before it happens
- Manage incoming streams of spam reports and spam-related appeals from users and communities to identify developing patterns of abuse
- Work cross-collaboratively with other teams, including CX, Legal, and Safety Engineering in responding to complex and time-sensitive issues
What you should have
- 2-3+ years experience using data analysis and/or ad-hoc scripting to solve complex problems.
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and investigative skills: we believe in getting to the root of the matter instead of just addressing symptoms
- A strong interest in online harm mitigation--you’ve seen how seemingly safe features are abused by bad actors, and understand tradeoffs and risk that come with online interactions
- Previous experience with data analysis and/or scaled quality assurance
- Strong stakeholder management skills––you’re adept at improving processes and know how to leverage the skills of multiple disparate teams
- Excellent communication skills––you can efficiently and eloquently present ideas, updates and results to key stakeholders at various levels
- Experience in process mapping with tools (ex. Lucidchart)
- Familiarity with ticketing systems. (Ex. Zendesk)
- Background in user-facing support roles, such as Trust & Safety or CX.
- High-level understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, probability distributions, relationship between variables)
- Demonstrated interest in anti-spam and/or responsible innovation initiatives
- Proficiency in various data analysis and scripting languages such as SQL, Python, and Git
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.