This job might no longer be available.
Accounts Receivable Manager
14 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Accounting at Epic
In this role, you will
- Design and build out a global billing and collections team to provide for future scalability and growth
- Support month end closing for contracts, project costing and billing system modules
- Research client issues and work cross functionally to resolve
- Ensure appropriate problem escalation
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and quality in all areas of billing and collections
- Serve as one of the main points of contact for the external annual audit on billing and AR matters
- Focus on process improvement ideas, automated internal controls, and proper segregation of duties
- Experience with Workday a plus to be able to use the system to our advantage
- Must be able to work independently exhibiting strong leadership skills to the finance organization
- Monitor individual performance of team and provide coaching and guidance
- Develop staff through collaborative goal setting, identification of strengths and opportunities, regular 1:1s, mid-year and year-end evaluations
- Develop and direct training plans when needed
- Manage acquisition integrations as they occur
- Prepare and deliver monthly reporting for KPI’s, month-end close, and other activities
- Interact with internal and external customers to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Other special projects and duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting
- 5+ years of combined public and/or private industry billing and AR experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Proficiency with MS Office and advanced excel skills
- SOX experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Demonstrated ability to work in and with high-performing teams
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Solid analytical and technical skills
- Independent and self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience working in ERP systems
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.