Accounts Payable Assistant
12 days ago
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD (CURRENTLY REMOTE)
REPORTING TO ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
As an Accounts Payable Assistant, you will be reporting to the Account Payable Supervisor, supporting the wider finance function, and business. The main focus of this role three-fold;
- Processing and matching supplier invoices with purchase orders within Oracle for Sega Europe Limited and three of its UK subsidiary undertakings.
- Be the first point of contact for account payable queries for internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure we adopt ‘best practice’ within the ‘Procure-to-Pay’ (P2P) process.
The successful individual will be experienced in a P2P process, ideally with a broad knowledge of expenditure types including manufacturing and ‘three-way matching’. Other expenditure types include marketing, IT software, hardware and licenses, maintenance renewals, consulting services, and telecom / data services. A background that includes an understanding of cost centres, general ledger accounts is preferred. The candidate should acknowledge that issues will not always follow established processes.
To be successful the candidate will need to be self-motivated with good organisational skills and the ability to cut through issues. The role would suit an individual who is keen to identify route causes, question existing processes, and work closely with the Account Payable Supervisor and wider finance team to recommend improvements (BPR) within the P2P process
- Management of the Account Payable Inbox. Maintain a system generated log of all invoices in Oracle and received during ‘working from home’ period
- Process, match and validate supplier invoices, including manufacturing and ‘three-way matching’ with purchase orders within Oracle for multiple companies and multiple currencies
- Scanning, matching, and processing invoices through the ‘SEGA Hub’
- Processing of employee expense claims through Concur
- Follow up invoice queries with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist Accounts Payable Supervisor with the preparation of weekly domestic and international payment runs
- Preparation of remittances following weekly payment run
- Administering the new supplier onboarding process and amendments to existing supplier details, ensuring signed SEGA T&C’s and/or working with Legal Department where appropriate. Working closely the relevant cost centres, Finance, and other teams to gather, collect and enter the necessary information into Oracle
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience within a Purchasing role along with a deep understanding of the ‘procure-to-pay’ cycle is key
- Working knowledge of Oracle (R11 or later) is preferred; however, we will also consider candidates with experience of other large ERP systems
- Previous knowledge of the Concur Expense Management tool would be advantageous
- Experience of OCR/ scanning solutions would be beneficial