1 day ago
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Controller to join our fast-paced video game company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting and experience in the gaming industry. This position will be onsite at our studio located in Alpharetta, GA.
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting operations of the company, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and payroll.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP accounting principles and company policies.
- Prepare and review financial statements (GAAP + Non-GAAP), including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Communicate financial results to senior management and board of directors.
- Lead the annual audit process and provide support to the external auditors.
- Oversee the company's tax department to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Continuously improve and streamline accounting processes and procedures.
- Manage 3 direct reports; this will include the continuous development and coaching of the team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in accounting, preferably in the video game industry.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
- Experience with financial reporting, budgeting, and consolidations of multi - entity parent company with domestic and international subsidiaries.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication, management, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in accounting software, and Excel.
- CPA certification.
- Working experience with various accounting and HRIS systems.
- Previous experience with systems implementation (i.e., Sage Intacct) is a plus.