3 months ago
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Asian Controlling team supports US GAAP reporting and statutory for the Group’s legal entities across the region. Our Asian teams are in three main locations: Singapore, Shanghai (China) and Seoul (Korea).
A member of the Asian Controlling Team, you will have responsibility for managing the Asian close process and related financial reporting in conformity with US GAAP as well as supervising close, reporting and statutory compliance for selected entities such as EA Japan. Please note this role may require some travel.
- Close Process
- Plan and coordinate the monthly Asian Close Process, including review and analysis of U.S. GAAP reporting
- Ownership of selected Legal Entities, including preparation of monthly balance sheet reporting package, reconciliations and journal entries, as assigned
- Manage the recording and settlement of inter-company transactions between the company and its intercompany trading partner(s)
- Asian Consolidation & Reporting
- Manage the accounting consolidation of the Asia/subsidiaries
- Review, understand and summarise the internally prepared monthly fluctuation analyses prepared by local teams and business units in order to prepare/ present the monthly consolidated Asian financial statements with commentary on fluctuations from prior periods and company estimates.
- Statutory Compliance/ Internal control environment
- Manage overall control environment and its effectiveness in area of responsibility
- Manage timely filing of the company’s statutory financial statements, VAT and income tax returns
- Document statutory and US GAAP accounting positions and prepare memos/ whitepapers on accounting issues as required.
- Prepare reconciliation of US GAAP to local statutory financial statements
- Supervision of local and US external auditors, as well as support for other statutory and tax audit matters
- Partnering with EA’s tax department, ensure proper implementation of transfer pricing arrangements
- Business Support
- Review and document contracts for US/local GAAP, identifying key risks areas, supporting conclusions and recommendations, ensuring changes are implemented to drive improvements while mitigating risk.
- Maintain superior relationships with the other Finance teams (Shared Services, Corporate, Treasury, Other regional counterparts, Tax, etc).
- Act as primary liaison to selected business groups
- Project management
- Spend a portion of time on projects (e.g., globally aligning EA’s accounting practices, improving documentation, building more robust analytical reporting)
- Represent Asian controllership team in global initiatives and other special projects as assigned
Technical Skills and Experience
- BS or MS in Accounting or equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant, ACCA or equivalent
- > 4 years relevant financial accounting experience in a multinational organisation
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Effective time management, work prioritization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution oriented individual
- Disciplined self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Strong business acumen ( understand business issues and translate into solutions)
- Passion for data integrity, process definition, rapid learner and strives for excellence
- Self-starter with the enthusiasm to challenge the status quo and suggest change
- Rapid learner and strives for excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; polished professional; communicates with impact
- Able to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities; strong organizational framework
- Fluency in English is essential, other languages beneficial
- Ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- Possesses passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; action oriented
- Thinks outside of the box; willing to challenge existing processes to drive efficiency
- Is a team player, adept at building relationships within Finance and across organizations
- Ability to build networks
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.