3D Weapon Art Intern - VALORANT
Los Angeles, California, United States
2 days ago
As a 3D Weapon Artist Intern at Riot, you will bring weapons and skins to life. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling, and iconic. As a member of the team, you will help your fellow team members to continue to raise the quality bar at the studio.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here! ). As a 3D Weapon Artist on the VALORANT team, you will create new 3D assets for Riot’s brand new title. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you work with diverse teams to help build foundational ideas and concepts for VALORANT’s upcoming 3D content. You will work collaboratively with designers, writers, and producers to bring new worlds to life. You will also report to the Concept Art Lead.
- Create and ensure all 3D assets meet constraints and requirements of the game’s needs
- Work with the team and the Art Lead to ensure 3D model outputs meet stylistic and craft quality bars
- Collaborate with other artists in various sub-disciplines as needed
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- A keen eye for form, color, and lighting
- Experience with 3D programs/tools (Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, etc)
- Experience making stylized textures for weapons/props
- Experience working with Unreal 4 engine
- General knowledge about weapon functionality and use
- Familiarity with Valorant’s art style
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
General Portfolio Advice:
- Please limit application submission to 1 role. You will automatically be considered for similar roles based on your portfolio
- Online format is preferred (Artstation, personal websites, etc.)
- If you have private work that is under NDA, please include the password in your application. Otherwise, we recommend you do not password protect your portfolio
- Test that your Portfolio or reel is accessible. Please include access to your portfolio on your resume in addition to the application form in case the link breaks
- Ensure your portfolio showcases your best work
- Fan Art? Sure! It shows your versatility as it relates directly to our art style
- Depending on the role, immersing yourself in the game to get the feel, tone and look can go a long way for your portfolio
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. You can expect subsidized meals and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 15th 11:59pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).