This job might no longer be available.
3D Programmer [Beyond Good And Evil 2] (f/m/d)
19 days ago
Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project with cutting edge graphics.
As a 3D Programmer on our team, you will provide insight and guidance across the 3D spectrum to connect with our players on two of the most critical aspects of a AAA game: its visuals and its performance. Whether your expertise lies with visuals or low-level systems, you’re a go-to person for information and a reference throughout our studios.
What you will do:
- Write code customized to the hardware you’re working with
- Provide support to content creators, meeting often to assess their needs and vision + discuss limitations
- Improve existing graphical features and inspire the development of new ones
- Anticipate complex problems + propose adapted solutions, considering the entire production pipeline
- Explore new hardware and deal with the interesting challenges and opportunities it poses
- Stay up to date on the latest tech trends and techniques + recommend our best practices
What you bring:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 3 years of graphics programming experience (for video-game consoles a huge plus) or related experience
- Proficiency in C++
- Analytical and mathematical skills
- Knowledge of GPUs, HLSL, and modern graphics APIs (e.g. DirectX 12 and Vulkan) + understanding of game engines and their limitations
- A thorough grasp of memory management & multithreaded programming techniques
- Solid interpersonal and presentation skills & the ability to clearly communicate cross-departmentally
- A long-term approach to problem-solving (if the solution isn’t sustainable, it simply won’t do)
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
- Willingness to continue learning – new technologies, engines, rendering techniques, programming languages, you name it
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Any relevant code/work samples you can provide are highly appreciated
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Discounted Games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up To 350€ Childcare Support Per Child Per Month: In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year
- Self-study And Training Hours: You have access to our in-house library
- Company Pension Scheme
- Gym Subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- Hybrid Work Model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year: Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays
- Corporate Benefits Web Portal: With employee discount programs for affiliated retailers, shops and service providers
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.