3D Outsource Artist - DCUO
1 month ago
Dimensional Ink Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Collaborate with the internal Character and Concept Art Team to help manage and integrate assets being developed by external vendors.
- Review assets with external vendors and integrate assets into our internal pipeline.
Leader In Craft
- Craft standards:
- Solid understanding of Art creation process and pipeline in relation to game development
- Firm understanding of asset budgets and asset management
- Strategic Goals:
- Monitor external vendor art submissions to ensure that quality is both consistent and high as well as adheres to technical specifications
- Understand and work within Memory and Budgetary constraints
- Work with Environment, Character, and Concept Artists to provide feedback to external vendors
- Review incoming Art assets at various stages of production
- Provide detailed paint overs with notes where written feedback is not sufficient
- Taking outsource assets from delivery to completed in-game assets
- Integrating assets including creating size variants, skinning, texturing, and testing in game
- Personal Proficiencies:
- Excellent communication skills—you can articulate our asset creation process and provide critical feedback to external vendors
- Creating long lasting relationships with external vendors
- Portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop
- Experience with Character or Environmental Art creation
- Clear communication skills in writing both technical and aesthetic feedback
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, receptive to critique and feedback
- 2+ professional years of development experience
- Strong understanding of Art fundamentals, color theory and anatomy
- Experience with Unreal development tools and pipeline
- Bonuses: Knowledge of DC intellectual property, and passionate about playing games
- End result: Maintain and cultivate relationships with external vendors and integrate 3D assets into our internal pipeline.
Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don’t do something just because it’s always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
Notes: *Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*
*We are fully prepared to do remote onboarding and equipment shipments as needed for our new hires while we are currently working remotely! *