3D Environment Generalist
Didcot England United Kingdom
2 months ago
Rebellion VFX are opening the doors of our brand new Didcot Film and TV Studios and we are looking for an experienced 3D Generalist.
With projects based on classic Rebellion IPs, this is an opportunity to be working on some brand new film and TV projects and be one of the first members of the new VFX team.
This role can be a full-time permanent role based in-house at our Didcot Studio or Short term in-house contract. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Proven artistic ability across multiple CG disciplines including modelling, texturing, lighting, shading / look development, or compositing.
- Strong knowledge of 3D packages (Maya, Houdini, Zbrush)
- Experience with Nuke
- Experience with texturing packages (Mari or Substance painter)
- Previous experience with 2.5 D workflow
- Proven games industry or film experience
- Experience with Redshift is a plus
- Experience with matchmove and tracking is a plus
- Experience with game engines is a plus
- Ability to break down VFX shot work into achievable workflows
- Creation of outstanding artwork within a shot, using various software programs
- Assembling models, textures, projections and lights into a CG scene for rendering
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Relocation: reasonable pre-agreed costs eg belongings, transport, non-refundable agency fees, etc
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 4%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction bonus: £2k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Loans: Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Free Stuff: fresh fruit, Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Hours: flexible start and finish times (core hours 10am-5pm with 7.5 working hours overall plus 1 hour for lunch