This job might no longer be available.
3D Gameplay Animator
14 days ago
New York City, NY
About Pahdo Labs
We are a gaming startup building an anime-inspired creative RPG, mixing our favorite aspects of fighting games, role-playing games, and game making tools into one seamless social experience. We have raised over $17.5M in seed and Series A funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Pear VC, BoxGroup, Neo, Zynga founder Mark Pincus, Eventbrite founder Kevin Hartz, and Cyan Banister.
We are seeing an explosion of interest in anime in the west: Jujutsu Kaisen, Genshin Impact, and collaborations in League of Legends/Fortnite are early indicators of a greater trend. As anime fans ourselves, we are incredibly excited to be building a 3D isometric action RPG with an anime-inspired theme, where players can create their levels and game modes in our multiplayer world.
• Partner with Art Director to understand and develop a cohesive vision for the character animation for an anime RPG, including combat, anime look & feel, and other gameplay.
• Create high quality animation assets.
• Prioritize and track animation tasks. Manage contractors or outsourcers as necessary.
• Short-term and long-term animation planning.
• 5+ years of professional experience working in animation
• Experience with Maya and a strong understanding of AAA character creation pipelines
• Professional experience working in Unity
• Expert understanding of animation principles - timing, etc. and hitting the feeling of anime
• Highly proficient communication skills
• Experience shipping at least one game from start to finish
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
• Past experience with mGear