This job might no longer be available.
3D Cinematics Animator - Helix
11 days ago
As a 3D Cinematics Animator at Ubi MTL, you will join a new team specializing in the production of cutscenes for our games developed in our Canadian studios, games recognized for their quality such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow Six, For Honor, and many more.
Whether you’re animating for a hero or a monster, for a crowd or an object, you are always thinking of the movement’s intention and the subject’s behaviour, and of how this one tiny part fits into the larger picture of the game. All your efforts gain their meaning when you take a step back, see the finished product and feel the months of mechanics and decision-making dissolve to reveal a piece of art that brings a new, beautiful world to life.
You understand that teamwork is essential to reach that point. As an individual, you see a hidden story in the way a person moves; you tend to deconstruct the world around you into smaller parts that you then build back up. As a teammate, you pride yourself on your attention to detail, your organizational and communication skills, and your adaptability to change. You collaborate with artists, designers, programmers, leads and other animators, all of whom have opinions, ideas and constraints, but all of whom are committed to the unified goal of authentically portraying the universe with a certain flair.
What you'll do
- Sync the engine and the build to ensure you’re working with the latest code and animations;
- Check in with your lead and your team to update and be updated the current situation;
- Depending on the production stage, you then move on to:
- Prototyping, key framing, or blocking an animation;
- Working on your animations, of course, from scratch or from mo-cap;
- Testing your animations—over and over—and validating your designs;
- Problem-solving your animations;
- Polishing your animations.
- Read the latest relevant academic literature in order to stay at the forefront of your field.
What you bring to the team
- Experience in videogame animation or equivalent
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of visuals
- Experience with animation software such as Motion Builder, 3ds Max or Maya
- You love pushing the envelope, but you also understand the demands cohesive teamwork
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.