Stockholm 118 66 SE
3 days ago
Paradox Development Studio is looking for talented 3D artists to join our art team in Stockholm, working mainly on producing 3D environments and assets for our in-house titles.
We are looking for 3D Artists with a broad skillset who could take on a variety of environment assets creation tasks, from world maps for grand strategy games, historical buildings, props, to alien spaceships and planets.
- Create terrain, buildings and prop 3D models, textures, and materials for grand strategy games.
- Help to bring the environment art vision for the game to reality (in collaboration with AD and Leads.)
- Help setup technical and visual targets/benchmarks for the team/external partners to follow. Document techniques used with visual examples.
- Follow establishing pipelines to deliver the best results in the given amount of time.
- Participate in regular peer review meetings, giving and receiving feedback in a positive manner.
- Working with External Development partners (writing briefs, feedback, and implementation of outsourced assets into the inhouse game engine)
- Participate in sprint planning, tasks scoping and estimation. Keeping work organized and the production team informed.
- Experience of environment art creation experience working in the games industry.
- Good knowledge of industry standard tools : Maya/Max, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance designer and Painter.
- Knowledge of World Creator, World Machine or similar terrain generation software
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation.
- Comfortable using English in spoken and written form.
- An interest and understanding of world culture and history.
The right candidate is passionate about Paradox grand-strategy games and about maintaining historical accuracy, which is very central to many of our IP’s. At Paradox we take pride in providing opportunities for our artists to work on varying projects and titles, and to develop and learn new skills. Therefore we also actively look for people who are interested in expanding their talents. Ideal Paradox employees enjoy working in a fast paced open work environment, and have good communication and pedagogical skills.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.