3D Artist, New Game
1 year ago
Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, seeks a 3D Artist to help build a wide array of art assets for a new game in development. Niantic is a fast paced, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals. You will have 3D generalist responsibilities including 3D modeling and rendering, using Maya, Unity, and other computer graphics tools. This role is working on a new and exciting AR location based game that will merge the virtual with the real world and encourage players to explore the world, together.
- Build mobile-device optimized low-poly 3D models for production use.
- Build high resolution 3D models for concept art, or for use in marketing campaigns.
- Generate 2D & 3D renderings of different styles adhering to the project art direction.
- Use of scripting to automate 3D modeling / shading.
- Possesses 3D generalist skill set, including modeling, texturing, and rendering.
- Expert-level experience with Maya.
- Experience with Unity 3D.
- Proven understanding of rendering and lighting concepts.
- BA or equivalent degree in studio art, computer graphics, or technical field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience.
- Solid artistic skills (drawing or digital painting).
- Experience creating in-game VFX and/or simple animation.
- You have a passion for games, AR, Mixed-Reality, and new technologies.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.