3D Artist - Unannounced Project
10 days ago
Paradox Development Studio makes world-leading grand strategy games that our fans spend hundreds of hours in, and our artists make sure we do it in style! We are now looking for a creative 3D Artist to develop ships and other 3D Assets for an upcoming, unannounced game!
We are open to applicants from a broad range of levels of game industry experience and we strive to create and maintain a diverse workplace, therefore we encourage everyone to apply!
About the role:
You will work collaboratively with the rest of the art team to develop and set the new standard for strategy games! You will help define the art style, increase quality and immersion through richly detailed and believable 3D Art. With a focus on ships, vehicles, environments, and hard surface. You will articulate and contextualize your decisions and communicate your ideas in English, as it is our company language.
You will also take part in visual development/style guide work, help the Art Director & Producer with task estimates if needed, and participate in feedback sessions with your fellow artists.
- 3+ years of 3D Art experience for in-game purposes - both for hard surface and soft surface.
- Prestigeless when giving/receiving feedback from leads or peers, and having no issues taking up another artist's task or putting down their own work to let others finish it.
- Solid understanding of 3D art fundamentals: Anatomy, Composition, Lighting, Material Expression, Color Use, etc.
- Skilled in Maya, Substance Designer & Painter, and Zbrush (or equivalent Sculpture program)
- Strong creative process to translate gameplay requirements into visual designs: information gathering, research, thumbnailing, detailing, and iterations
- A keen eye for consistency and readability, and a mindset for believability and efficacy.
- A passion or liking for Fantasy, Sci-fi or History and Strategy games
- Familiarity with tools such as Blender, Gaea/World Creator & Sketchup, Keyshot, Octane or 3D Coat would be a bonus but not essential.
We also think you have a passion for creating games (not just art), and working as a team to create something amazing. It’s important that you enjoy working in a team where everyone supports each other, and that you are motivated by having the creative freedom and responsibility to take charge of a task and deliver. You care about quality and you’re motivated by the idea of our many fans around the world interacting with your work.
As part of the recruitment process, you might be asked to perform a test and sign an NDA due to the unannounced project.
Scope: Fulltime and permanent
Reports to: Art Manager
This position is based in the Stockholm office with 2 days optional "Work from home" per week.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.