3D Art Generalist
18 days ago
As a 3D Art Generalist, you will create visually-stunning 3D assets for Zenith: The Last City, an immersive VR MMO.
You possess a passion for game development and 3D modeling, and will model, texture, and UV optimized assets that match the stylized art direction of the game. You’re the type of person who loves working on a variety of asset types, learning new skill sets, and working in a fast-paced environment where communication and teamwork are essential.
Our team at RamenVR is dedicated to making the most immersive VR MMO experience possible, and we’re searching for a 3D Art Generalist to continue bringing this vision to life.
- Collaborate with our Art Director and other members of the team to create a wide range of 3d assets including props, characters, environments, and hard surface models.
- Produce optimized, clean, low-resolution game topology and UV's.
- Create high-quality hand painted textures that match the style of the game
- Generate LODs for optimization
- Work in a remote setting in a fast-paced environment and collaborate remotely via Discord.
- Manage your time independently, completing tasks on time and bringing up issues and conflicts to the team as they arise
- 3+ years of modeling experience working in the games industry
- Portfolio showcasing stylized models and textures
- Basic knowledge of Unity or other game engines
- Strong communication skills
- Experience moving fast and working with tight deadlines
- Experience with a startup or indie studio.
- A passion for VR games and MMOs
- Knowledge of the end to end pipeline, including exporting assets into Unity
About Ramen VR
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that is cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
Ramen VR was started in early 2019 in the Bay Area by Andy and Lauren, gaming tech engineers with decades of combined experience at Google, Unity, OpenFeint, and some very successful mobile and social games.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time
We believe great games change the world for the better. Great games inspire creativity, teach grit, and most importantly, build community.
Why Work At Ramen VR?
Create the next reality
Every startup claims they are changing the world. How often do you find one that's building an entirely new reality? Also, we're such a small team, that you'll be working from and learning directly from the founders every day.
We Love Games
Have a favorite game coming out? Take a day off on launch day. We'll even buy you the deluxe version of the game. Play the game, and just do a short write-up to teach us what you learned. Want to attend PAX or E3? Once a year, we'll schedule a corporate trip for anyone who wants to go and hang out, while working together.
Need to walk the dog, take care of your kids, or just want to live where you are? Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Company Game Jams
About once per quarter, travel somewhere in the world with us, and live in a big house together for a week, all expenses paid. Spend time working , playing games, exploring a new country, and growing together.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.