14 days ago
We’re currently seeking a 3D Animator to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful team and will report to the Producer.
Your daily adventure:
- Create believable, high-quality animations and directly participating in implementing them in games.
- Define the animation style and workflows for new products under the supervision of the Producer.
- Be able to rigging/skinning with low to medium polygon counts.
- Take active part in the game creation process by interacting with the design team.
- Contribute effectively to the art pipeline while understanding target platform constraints.
- Have a strong time management skills to reach project deadlines/milestones.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Art Team to obtain a consistent visual style for the game.
- Work with the Programming Team to integrate your animations in the game while respecting technical constraints.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- At least 2 or more years of experience in 3D Studio Max, Maya or Blender.
- At least 2 or more years of experience in game development.
- Have a clear understanding of character motion, physics-based motion and of the fundamental principles of animation.
- Be able to define and execute creative and stylish animations (vehicles, objects, characters).
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Have a work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
- Solid background in academic drawing, sketching and/or illustration.
- Have modelling skills (2D/3D), knowledge and experience of Blender, Unity, particle effects creation programs (e.g. combustion, particle illusion, Fork) and motion graphics programs (eg After Effects).
- Experience working on mobile games.
- Passionate about games and you have some knowledge of the gaming industry.
- Good knowledge of Spanish or Catalan is a plus.
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
- Examples of basic cycles of a character. Cycle of walk, run, idle, attack, jump, etc.
- Examples of physics of movement. It can be a character doing parkour, moving weight, a skateboarder, etc.
- Examples of combination of cycles. Idle + attack, idle + run + attack, etc.
- It would also be interesting if among all the examples there is some quadrupeds, or characters of more than two feet.
Please send us the link to your demo reel/portfolio or website demonstrating some of the above skills.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
- 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday.
- Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy.
- Reduced schedule on August, Easter, Christmas and special dates such Sant Jordi and Sant Joan.
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant.
- Mobile device grant based on seniority.
- Cigna private Health insurance.
- Physiotherapist special rates in the office.
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events.
- English, Spanish and French free lessons in the studio.
- Great discounts in our games.
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services.
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages.
- Company parties and events.
- Friday’s beers.
- Relocation Package (when needed).
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender sexual orientation, age or disability status.
THE WORLD OF UBISOFT
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 55 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where bothplayers and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile brings together dedicated, experienced professionals focused on crafting high-quality F2P games for mobile. We strongly believe in the core values at the centre of our Ubilife, which encourage us to take ownership of our work, continually striving for excellence while promoting the sharing of knowledge across individuals and teams, without losing our sense of enjoyment and fun, or our respect and care for one another.
Do you want to join us in the world of mobile gaming? If so, read on!