2D UI Artist (World of Tanks PC)
21 days ago
Wargaming invites a 2D UI Artist to join its top AAA project, World of Tanks!
This two-time Guinness award-winning vehicle action game has an army of 110 million loyal fans. World of Tanks is a cultural phenomenon that has entertained players worldwide for over 12 years!
We have a solid and involved team that continually strives to stay on the edge of the gaming industry. We are extremely passionate about art and are always looking for innovative ways to bring our ideas and vision to World of Tanks gamers.
As a 2D UI Artist, you will have the rare opportunity to directly influence what our game UI will look like, from icons to medals and achievements, from mini-illustrations to game crew portraits, and much more. You will interact and work closely with 2D/3D artists, supervisors, art directors, and historians. There are thousands of exciting challenges here at Wargaming, and we want you to help us solve them and make our players happy.
What will you do?
- Create AAA-quality UI art elements that clearly illustrate in-game objects. You should be able to tell a story and create an atmosphere through engaging visuals
- Collaborate with art directors and supervisors to design concepts for UI objects and other in-game graphics. You will need to communicate your ideas effectively to other artists, as well as those in non-art disciplines
- Mentor colleagues by providing guidance and constructive feedback
- Continuously enhance the aesthetics of the World of Tanks universe
- Be a proactive, curious, and devoted member of a cross-functional product-oriented team inside the development structure
- Support the development of the in-game features with any additional skills and talents
What are we looking for?
- 2–3 years of experience in creating realistic (non-casual) UI elements and props for video games
- An outstanding portfolio with an eye for perspective, color, lighting, atmosphere, and details
- A strong foundation in the traditional arts
- Stylization skills
- Experience with 3D tools (preferably with Blender)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A familiar with the distinctive visual style and setting of the WWII period
- Self-motivation, good interpersonal skills, an eagerness to learn and grow, and a can-do attitude
- Intermediate Russian
- Intermediate English or higher
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- A passion for video games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.