This job might no longer be available.
2D Pipeline Technical Director
4 months ago
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a 2D Pipeline Technical Director with experience automating and scaling compositing in VFX production pipelines.
As a pipeline TD with DigitalFish, you will develop next-generation technologies that define the future of digital-media creation and consumption for millions of users. DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner of leading digital media companies, and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences. Current and past customers include Meta, Google, Apple, Pixar/Disney, DreamWorks, Activision, LEGO, Disney/ESPN, NASA and many others.
Ideal candidates will have 7-10 years relevant work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
- Work closely with the engineering and technical-art teams, senior management, and client stakeholders
- Design, implement and test standalone pipeline tools as well as extensions to Nuke and Nuke Studio
- Improve efficiency in compositing workflows including the conform process, identifying and tagging media assets, importing assets into compositing DCCs, and interactions with editorial and production management systems and databases.
- Implement clean and efficient artist-facing user interfaces
- Work with production artists to debug and resolve issues
- Adapt tools to the problems at hand while balancing between long-term development goals and short-term production demands
- Write technical briefs and documentation
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 7+ years experience developing pipeline solutions in a visual effects or animation production studio, or a combination of an advanced degree plus relevant work experience
- 2+ years experience working specifically on compositing workflows and developing DCC plugins and tools for Nuke and/or Nuke Studio. Development experience with other DCCs and particularly Autodesk Flame is a strong plus.
- Fluency with common production formats and tools: image file formats, color management / OCIO, and editorial EDLs via OTIO.
- Experience integrating production management products such as fTrack or Shotgrid, as well as developing applications that directly interface with databases
- Strong experience in large-team development in Python, PySide/PyQt, and C/C++ including delivery of standalone tools, as well as libraries shared across multiple tools
- Solid general programming skills including knowledge of software patterns, build and packaging systems, debugging and optimization
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development processes
- Self-motivated with strong communications skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Enormous opportunity for learning and professional growth
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
We fully support telecommuting during these times.
Principals only, recruiting firms please do not contact us. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.