2D Marketing Artist (Community)
London England United Kingdom
11 days ago
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally. We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a 2D Marketing Artist to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is one of the UK’s largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
Mediatonic is looking for a 2D Marketing Artist to join the art and development teams and collaborate creatively and artistically with the marketing department.
As a 2D Marketing Artist your primary role is to produce art assets that help the Art Leads, Marketing Team and Studio Art Director realise their vision. You will be a key player in the creative process, as you will brainstorm ideas and provide all the graphic elements needed for marketing campaigns. You are creatively flexible, adapting styles as necessary, typically during the exploratory stages of pre-production and when moving between projects. You will track your time and report your progress/risks/ issues daily, or at the point of identification.
- You will be able to create high-end 2D renders for marketing assets.
- These assets will go towards the store page assets as well as social and other marketing channels
- You are able to compose images of characters, environmental elements and gameplay footage to create stunning visual work
- You will be required to create, and quality assure that assets adhere to technical briefs.
- We need someone who is able to work quickly and efficiently as we need to be relevant to community/social requirements
- At least one year of games industry experience
- Expertise working with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Advanced knowledge of Unity
- Excellent 2D art skills including sketching and drawing
- Experience with source control and issue tracking (Jira or equivalent)
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team and to communicate well
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality
- A passion for playing and making games!
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
Details:We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including up to 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.