This job might no longer be available.
1 year ago
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
The Ubisoft Creative Services department is tasked with bringing our gaming worlds to life in the marketing campaigns across most Ubisoft products and brands.
The 2D/3D Artist is a part of the Ubisoft Creative Services department and will develop 2D and 3D art that is used in these campaigns. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Art.
This role is located in Montreal, but Ubisoft Creative Services is headquartered in San Francisco. Occasional travel to San Francisco may be required.
What you'll do
- Produce a wide array of art, animation, and design assets to support the marketing campaigns for most Ubisoft products.
- Work with development teams to create high-quality models based on in-game assets.
- Consult brand and external partners when art is being produced out of house.
- Establish strong working relationships with Brand Team, Art Directors, Development Teams, and other Creative Development departments across Ubisoft.
What you bring
- 2+ years developing high quality 2D and 3D art.
- A collaborative attitude and a desire to have fun working in the dynamic and ever changing world of gaming.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a wide variety of execution styles from classical paint, to photo-real 3D.
- Technical skills:
- Properly lookdev and setup realistic and stylized lighting environments.
- 3D Modeling (Stylized and Realistic).
- 3D texturing and building high quality shader networks (Stylized and Realistic).
- Knowledge of 3D animation.
- Assembling and outputting for 3D printing.
- Knowledge of 3D physics simulation.
- Skilled in 3D hair and grooming.
- Ability to work within extremely large pixel dimensions, accounting for the highest level of detail.
- Work within a local and cloud-based render pipeline for large format output.
- 2D paint over. 2D Illustration.
- Photobashing. Photo Retouching. Photo Comping.
- Experience with the entire Adobe Suite.
- 3D sculpting skills
- 3DS Max/V-ray/Maya.
- Shader network skills.
- Strong digital paint skills.
- Substance Painter is a plus.
Please include a portfolio of PDF/links to examples of your work in the application. Applicants without work examples will not be considered.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.