eCommerce Supply Manager
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The e-commerce supply manager will be based in the European Operations department and will long-term sit within the Supply Planning Team.
The Supply team drives and manages the end-to-end operational flow for all PlayStation physical products (hardware, software, and peripherals) from inbound receipt, order management, assembly-planning, through to distribution to retail and/or the end-consumer across Europe.
The e-commerce manager will focus specifically on the management of all aspects of the day-to-day operational processes and requirements that relate to PlayStation’s ‘direct to consumer’ webstores, working closely with the PlayStation Store team, Customer Service team and SIEE’s European warehousing partner.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the end-to-end operational planning and execution to meet the European PlayStation webstore front demand/forecasts for all physical PlayStation products on a weekly and monthly basis
- Maintenance of master data within SAP/IBP including purchase order creation and maintenance, stock transport orders, Bills of Materials (BOMs) and general ongoing sku management
- Act as single point of contact within European Operations for Customer Services and the PlayStation Direct store team for all supply planning queries and escalations. Issues will range from customer order status, product availability, transport or returns incidents, missing or incorrect items.
- Provide operational information and support to execute resolution on customer and order related claims (includes tracking and reporting)
- Work closely with the European Compliance team to analyze returns data, responsible for overseeing the reverse logistics requirements for the e-commerce business, and the creation and maintenance of returns guidelines and documentation for the warehouse.
- Track any specific or exclusive requirements for the store front such as promotional skus, bundles or other operational activity unique to the e-commerce business to ensure they are approved and created in a timely manner for forecasting and assembly
- Track budget and monitor monthly performance and costs working closely with Finance and PS Store team
- Identify areas of opportunity and process improvement - working in close conjunction with the Systems planning team, and other internal stakeholders to drive effectiveness and efficiency
- Identify potential blockers or bottlenecks in the delivery of product/orders and escalate as appropriate
- Document and track trends and resolutions to support QBRs, internal reporting and future process enhancements.
- Ensure effective Management Information is tracked and delivered to develop, and track KPIs specific to the e-commerce operation
What we're looking for:
- Educated to Degree level with strong analytical skills
- Proven years of experience in Supply Chain and working in a direct-to-consumer environment – ideally in a pan-European company
- Extensive experience of working with, and managing third partner warehousing partners and transport carriers, and an understanding of the typical challenges
- Extensive hands-on systems knowledge and experience – SAP (essential), IBP and Salesforce (highly desirable) as well as highly adept at using MS Excel
- Adaptable individual with lots of experience performing under pressure in a fast-paced environment and can think of their feet when faced with unexpected challenges or issues
- An interest in or knowledge of the games industry – advantageous but not essential
- Working proficiency in another European language would be advantageous (French, German, Dutch)
- Excellent and enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude who is fun to work with
- A motivated, reliable, self-starter who uses their initiative to work proactively, and to challenge the status quo
- Intellectual bandwidth to manage multiple stakeholders across geographies and functional specialisms
- An ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with a keen eye for detail – precision, accuracy, and very good attention to detail essential
- Relationship builder, who can communicate at different levels of the organisation effectively.
- Strong communication skills – being an influencing and occasionally persuasive person
- A natural aptitude for learning and understanding multiple systems and tools
- Able to identify and develop opportunities to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new ways of working through continuous process improvement practices
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.