This job might no longer be available.
Orlando Florida United States
17 days ago
Writer / Narrative Designer
EA SPORTS writers will be responsible for designing narrative systems and characters with a focus on a guided progression experience, player goals, achievements, and story arc. They will serve as a thought leader in championing and ensuring that the script, speech and story-telling devices are crafted to achieve a meaningful emotional narrative experience.
You will create characters (both playable and non-playable) that users will embrace and bond with, to capture emotional experiences that drive the story forward.
- Partnering closely with other designers and producers to enhance game features where story is core to the player experience
- Collaborating with the creative, design, and production teams to conceive and develop fully realized, compelling characters and impactful story arcs
- Writing, developing and editing all narrative content, understanding story requirements and delivering on script goals
- Collaborating on all story components including storyboard animation, sound design and/or music
The Next Great EA SPORTS Writer Needs:
Experience developing narrative systems in well-received, published games. You should deeply understand guided experiences and believable SPORTS stories and culture. Additionally, you should have:
- Deep knowledge of current and historical sports rules, players, personalities, and events
- 2+ years of experience on game development teams in narrative design, writing, and/or other aspects of game design
- Experience with multidisciplinary teams, including art, engineering, production, audio, and marketing
- Excellent writing skills with prose and screenplay/dialogue formats
- Experience as a collaborative team player who understands good story ideas can come from anywhere on the team
- Should be open to feedback, and have a hunger to seek it out
When applying, provide:
- A current resume, highlighting professional writing and/or educational experience
- Samples of short fiction, screenplays or game writing