Writer (Temp) - Vicarious Visions (Diablo IV)
3 months ago
Job Title:Writer (Temp) - Vicarious Visions (Diablo IV)
Would you excel in an environment of peers who are enthusiastic about working on the dark gothic world of Diablo, and would you love making phenomenal games, killing millions of monsters and getting loot? Of course you would!
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
As a game studio that’s been around for 3 decades, Vicarious Visions has a vibrantly colorful and prestigiously successful past of guitar-playing, pro-skating, and Wumpa fruit-hoarding. As a new member of the Blizzard family, we also have an exhilarating future ahead of us. We are more excited than ever to join in the making of Blizzard franchises that are known and treasured around the world.
Our studio, located in beautiful upstate New York, provides developers a safe, warm environment to hone their skills and become leaders of their craft. Creativity and innovation are cornerstones of our practice, and we nurture new ideas from all of our people. Crucially, we are a family of uniquely individual voices, and we have fostered a culture of diversity and inclusivity. We thrive on collaboration, respect and fun! Join us!
Vicarious Visions is wholly owned by Activision Blizzard. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.vvisions.com and @VvisionsStudio on Twitter.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
You will be Responsible for:
- Writing cutscenes, in-game dialogue, character biographies and lore.
- Working with our quest designers on copy writing, editing of dialogue scripts, and keeping consistency with character and tone.
- Facilitating communication of our gameplay goals to voice actors in the recording sessions.
- Working with your teammates, the Quest Designers and Sound Designers, to ensure all assets are consistently meeting the highest quality bar.
The skills & experience we’re looking for in order to help level up your team:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in game development, working with the narrative aspects of the game.
- A talent for writing spoken dialogue with emphasis on clarity, brevity, and character as needed.
- Experience collaborating with team members on visual scenes, dialogue, story pacing, and gameplay within a non-linear game structure.
- Experience with writing and dialogue editing within game or localization tools.
- Eager to help develop tools and processes that will bring VO across a rich game world.
You’ll really get noticed with these upgrades:
- A strong passion for developing and playing games.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe.
- Experience in film, theater, or television narrative and script writing.
- Experience in working with voice actors and voice directors to help bring the most to a character’s voice and performance.
- Experience working within a franchise that features dark or mature settings.
- Cover letter.
- Writing sample.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!