Writer (Temp), Diablo Immortal
13 days ago
Team Name:Diablo Immortal
Job Title:Writer (Temp), Diablo Immortal
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Join us as we write a new chapter in the Diablo universe! Diablo Immortal, an action RPG mobile game set in the world of Sanctuary, allows players to slay demons anywhere, at any time, in the palm of their hands!
Are you an exceptional Writer? Come work with us, and together we will build something amazing. Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, and we share real passion for what we do. If you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, then we'd love to talk to you.
As a Writer on Contract, you will collaborate with the quest team on instructional and creative writing, dialogue, and text implementation. In addition, you will frequently be called upon to assist with editing, research and intellectual property input. The ideal candidate is skilled in clear and concise writing, is comfortable with collaboration, and has a passion for Diablo.
Diablo Immortal is a full-fledged action RPG designed from the ground up for mobile. You will join a veteran team of developers with a shared vision to radically raise the bar of what a mobile game can be. We value team-players who can provide constructive input, collaborate, and iterate in relentless pursuit of quality.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with the quest & narrative design team to develop interesting story arcs, settings, characters, and cinematics
- Assist in the writing of high-quality storylines with interesting characters, text, and dialogue
- Write in-game instructions, tooltips, items, lore summaries
- Maintain and create documentation for game systems, content, and feedback
- Support the quest team by reviewing and providing detailed feedback on in-game content
- Write dialogue for heroes, monsters, and NPCs
- Perform editing tasks as needed
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in game development, working with the narrative aspects of the game.
- A talent for writing spoken dialogue with emphasis on clarity, brevity, and character as needed.
- Experience with writing and dialogue editing within game or localization tools.
- Eager to help develop tools and processes that will bring VO across a rich game world.
- Understanding and knowledge of the Diablo IP
- Solid work ethic and ability to act independently on writing tasks
- Strong organizational skills and able to work well under deadlines
- Work and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work full-time onsite at Blizzard Entertainment’s HQ in Irvine, California.
- A strong passion for developing and playing games.
- Experience in film, theater, or television narrative and script writing.
- Experience working within a franchise that features dark or mature settings.
- Experience in working with voice actors and voice directors to help bring the most to a character’s voice and performance.
- Successfully published writing work (novels, short fiction, film, television, comics)
- Experience developing multiplayer open-world games or MMO experiences
- Cover letter.
- Writing sample.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.