This job might no longer be available.
Writer / Editor for Comic Book and Animation Narrative Team
10 days ago
In the Comic Book and Animation Narrative team we develop ideas and write scripts for all narrative projects that expand stories, worlds and lore of all our games. We work with outsource writers to help their creations be consistent and coherent with our brand. We search for artists, directors and production companies that will perfectly fit our stories and style of our creations. As a Writer / Editor in the Comic Book and Animation Narrative team, you will be responsible for the co-creation of almost every comic book, children’s book, board game and tv series that will go public and be seen by a world audience.
- Writing scripts in English for comic books, tv and movies, but also trailers, teasers, TV commercials, promotional films, and any other story-related materials.
- Brainstorming and pitching ideas with an emphasis on storytelling, providing creative input from conception to completion.
- Providing feedback for narrative and story elements created by outsource writers.
- Developing and supervising pitches, briefs and a number of other assets; creating world bibles of existing and non-existing IPs.
- Cooperating with members of the Comic Book and Animation team and other teams of our studio (including Marketing Communications team and Franchise team) to ensure consistent communication and quality content.
- Experience in writing and editing comic books, literature, movie scripts, with an emphasis on completed comic book/commercial/film/TV scripts written and edited in your portfolio (must have).
- An appreciation and knowledge of video games, comic books, movies, the industry and popculture as a whole, and current trends and practices.
- Knowledge of all CD PROJEKT RED’s IPs.
- Ability to work in a writer's room to create engaging stories, but also working independently to create a well structured story.
- Knowledge of narration, structure, storytelling and rules of building a drama in comic books, tv and movies.
- The ability to write creatively, come up with ideas for specific briefs, and adapt to change.
- Nice and calm personality, open minded team worker with ability to defend their ideas and not losing interest when has to develop other people ideas.
- Diligence, accuracy, and conscientiousness when performing tasks.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet hard deadlines.
- Meticulous and open for iteration, willingness to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Written and verbal English on at least C1 level.
Please add 2-3 examples of your best work/projects in which you participated as a writer/copywriter
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw for a minimum of 10 days per month.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world
Head office in Warsaw
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.