Senior Environment Artist, P12
8 days ago
Cryptic Studios is looking for a talented Environment Artist to bring our new stylized IP to life. You’ll work closely with our Art Director, Concept, Environment, and Design teams to create visually stunning levels in Unreal 5.
**Every day you could be:**
* Collaborating with artists, designers, and other disciplines to create engaging and appealing painterly environments
* Using Maya and/or 3DS Max, ZBrush, Substance, Photoshop to create assets, layouts, and lighting for both architectural and natural environments
* Iterating on game assets and environments with fellow artists via paint overs, studies, and group critiques to improve look and gameplay.
**What we'd like to see:**
* Excellent composition skills evident in your portfolio
* 3+ years’ experience creating 3D environments for games
* Proficient with Maya and/or 3DS Max, ZBrush, Substance and Photoshop
* Demonstrated ability to create high quality work in non-realistic styles
* Experience using Unreal 4-5
* Ability to create painterly stylized PBR materials
* Strong understanding of how to create environments that support and enhance gameplay
* Exceptional understanding of color, form, shape, structure, and silhouette
* An eye for proportion, scale, surface properties and lighting
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to collaborate within a team environment as well as work autonomously
* Comfortable working remote with a fully remote team
* BA or BS degree in art or equivalent work experience (s hipped at least 1 game as an Environment Artist)
* Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art
* Strong technical ability and willingness to learn new techniques and workflows
* Basic proficiency creating environmental VFX and/or environmental animations
**Required Application Materials:**
* Resume and cover letter
* Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating experience modeling, texturing, and lighting game environments
* Must have a professional portfolio showing the breakdown of your contributions - Environments / Props samples
* An art test may be required
**What Cryptic Offers:**
* Remote work options - anywhere within The United States
* A fun tight-knit team
* Full-time role
* Paid holiday, sick time & paid time off
* Health insurance & perks
* Company social events
At Cryptic Studios, Inc. the standard base pay range for this role is $100,000 - $180,000 annually. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.