This job might no longer be available.
World gametech director
1 year ago
As World Gametech Director at Gameloft HQ you will be part of the World Technology Group that works on technologies for mobile gaming, PC, and consoles as well as Cloud technologies.
We want you to help make Gameloft the first game company on future moon bases without any downtime at all.
- Communicate, be the go-to person concerning Gametech at Gameloft
- Coordinate global development with local Technical Directors from studios all over the world.
- Provide your expertise both proactively and on an on-the-need basis
- Rationalize developments and evangelize internal Gametech
- Modernize existing workflows, design best practices
- Ensure our Gametech is a state-of-the-art technology
- You are not afraid to be hands-on and able to deep dive issues, coordinate teams in war rooms to solve specifics design or operational challenges
- Follow up with technical reviews of the games during key phases of projects
- Drive technology:
- be involved in R&D activities
- level up our software factory
- lead our open sources initiative
- Act as a technical consultant for the HQ production, LiveOps departments challenges
- Deep dive into Gameloft Gametech products then plan and decide roadmap decisions in order to make sure it corresponds to current and upcoming Gameloft needs
- Maintain long term vision: i.e product vision, development guidelines, mutualize cross teams’ development to have a rationalized toolchain
Skills and Experience
Combine experience in Gametech with strong knowledge of the latest tech, platforms, and processes.
- 15+ years of game development experience
- 5+ years as Technical Director or Lead in large game teams
- Your peers recognize you as a problem solver and team player
- Great XP with C++ C#, inhouse and external game tech tools development
- In depth knowledge of core system programming, console, low end device, mobile
- Expert in designing production pipeline for game teams
- Have shipped several high-quality 3D games on mobile and/or PC and/or console
- Multiplatform development experience is a must have, the more the better
- Have a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or an MBA with equivalent experience
- Shaders, rendering, physics, multiple 3D engines, animation, AI, UX…
- Cloud technologies knowledge
- DevOps is a plus
- You built it, you ran it, you know the game!
- At World Technology Group, we are looking for someone that will match our active and fun working atmosphere…
- You know what we mean :)
Working at Gameloft
- Gameloft is part of a large media group: Vivendi (one of our sister companies is Universal Music Group)
- Permanent contract, full-time position
- We offer relocation support
- An exceptional working environment right in the heart of Paris, halfway between Saint-Lazare Station and the Palais Opera Garnier.
- Other benefits at Gameloft HQ:
- Various fresh fruits at your disposal in the cafeteria will make you go bananas!
- Unlimited hot beverages whether you like tea or coffee, and if you if you like coffee you'll love our Nespresso machine with coffee from all over the world.
- Sports: Ping-Pong, foosball table, virtual football, real football, yearly football contest at Clairefontaine, yoga classes and many more sports through Gymlib at special pricing!
- Lunch vouchers, competitive mutual insurance and prudential funds.
- Note for non-French citizens: In France, salaried employees receive health insurance, unemployment insurance, etc. We will explain the details if you need to relocate.
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Every month, 80 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Gameloft’s mission is to amaze the world so that everyone can enjoy a moment of happiness.
We have been proudly crafting game since 2000, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Talented Gameloft employees from all over the world are creating established franchises such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter.
We put passion into every pixel of the game. It’s at the core of what we do every day and allows major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Mattel®, Lamborghini® … to recognize Gameloft’s creativity and trust us to produce awesome gaming experiences.
We are part of Vivendi – one of the world’s largest Media groups – giving us the mana and resources to set our expectations high and aim for the very best.
Ready to join the game?