World game technical director
4 months ago
As World Game Technical Director
You will be part of the World Tech Team that is following up on all the games developed in Gameloft studios.
- Provide technical vision and guidance on all game related aspects: Rendering, AI, Physics, Animation, Performance, Online, etc.
- Coordinate global development with the local technical directors of the different studios
- Provide your expertise in technical design, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Set standards regarding performance on the various platforms
- Assist game teams in improving core systems on the titles, as well as with project closure
- Set and implement engineering standards and best practices across the teams and drive through improvements where necessary
- Follow up with technical reviews of the games during key phases of the projects
- Drive technology watch and research / development activities related to games
- Provide technical assistance to the HQ production and deployment departments
All Game related technologies including:
- Rendering engines,
- AI, Physics, Sound, Animation, UI, internal solutions or external middleware,
- Internal Online libraries,
- Game Authoring Tools (in-house tools like level/animation/FX/cinematic editors or plugins in 3rd parties like 3DSMax)
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of game development experience,
- 5+ years as technical director or lead in a game team
- Deep C/C++ knowledge
- In depth knowledge with 3D Programming (OpenGL, preferably OpenGL ES, DirectX)
- Experienced in Shader Language programming (GLSL, HLSL)
- Experience with advanced rendering techniques
- Experience with Animation, Physic engines
- In depth knowledge of core system programming: memory, inputs, file system, loading system.
- Experience with data compression techniques, multithreaded programming and performance profiling
- Experience working on asset pipelines and tools
- Have shipped several high-quality 3D games on mobile or console
- Multiplatform development experience is a must have, the more the better
- Have a degree in Computer Engineering Bac+ 5.
- Skills in other languages like Python, C#, Lua, Objective C is a plus
- You are autonomous, dynamic, and you love working in a team.
- You have a problem solver and team player mindset
- You are able to share knowledge and mentor people
- Your interpersonal and organizational skills allow you to conduct a project to completion within given time constraints.
- You have a solid understanding of the English language in order to follow up on projects handled by English-speaking teams around the globe.
Work at Gameloft?
- The opportunity to join the fast-growing digital sector.
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating work environment in a rapidly expanding company.
- Permanent contract, full-time position.
- We are offering relocation support .
- An exceptional working environment right in the heart of Paris, halfway between Saint-Lazare Station and the Palais Opera Garnier.
- Other benefits at Gameloft HQ: self-serve fresh fruit and warm beverages, lunch vouchers, competitive mutual insurance coverage.
Leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.