World Environment Artist - World of Warcraft
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
20 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:World Environment Artist - World of Warcraft
World Environment Artist
A World Environment Artist creates vast, expansive, and epic lands. From mountain ranges to forests, the artist is responsible for the organic environments of World of Warcraft. Key areas of strength for this role include experience with hand painted art styles, creating terrain textures, foliage, and natural elements.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create concept and color keys for outdoor environments
- Sculpt and model 3D trees, rocks, grass, and other elements found in the zone
- Paint hand-painted textures for grounds and other natural surfaces in the world
- Paint sky domes for exterior areas
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- 2+ years of experience in game development modeling and texturing natural elements
- Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to animation, illustration, design or traditional media
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Knowledge and understanding of the World of Warcraft art style and universe
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location : United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.