4 days ago
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a World Builder eager to learn and help set the foundation for our next major RPG.
This person will work closely with the Art and Design directors, strike team leads, and other developers in a collaborative environment to create a fantastic, yet believable, world. The ideal candidate has a flair for assembling captivating environments, focusing on visual storytelling using an established library of assets, and enjoys teamwork but can also take direction and work independently.
This position requires the ability to work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Assist in set dressing and beautifying areas
- Maintain map/level organization and area optimization efforts
- Help in the validation and optimization of assets
- Highly proficient in Maya or 3ds Max
- Highly proficient with modern game editors such as Unreal Engine, CryEngine, Source, or equivalent
- Ability to evaluate and understand the mechanics of a game, and create well-organized 3D layouts complementing the experience
- 3+ years in the game industry with at least one shipped title
- Teamwork-focused approach to communication and work ethic
- Experience modeling, unwrapping, and texturing 3D assets for Unreal Engine
- Proficiency in Substance Painter
- Passion for gaming and the games Obsidian makes
- A web portfolio that demonstrates world building
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.