World Artist [Avatar Project]
6 days ago
As part of the Avatar Project, you’ll play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand-in-hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron’s production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
We're seeking a passionate World Artist, to play a major role in the creation of Pandoras terrain and environments for our AAA project. You'll collaborate with our specialized World Art Team, Environment Artists, Level designers, and our Art Director to help us create fully realized environments to enhance the game experience for our players.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Sculpting, modeling, and texturing terrain for game environments
- Working within the World Art Team, specializing in landscape terrain
- Participating in R&D of new techniques to implement into our production pipeline
- Proactively seeking feedback from all stakeholders
- Ensuring the artistic style is consistent with the defined visual art style for the game.
You as a person
You're passionate about your work, terrain, and world-building. You are continually seeking improvement, and utilise the best tools and practices within your field. As an artist, you've both passion for individual objects as well as entire scenes. Your portfolio will tell us that you have high standards and that you, single-handedly can create high-quality terrain assets and materials to a AAA, photo-realistic standard.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of your work is required (must include Terrain/World Art in a realistic style)
- Several years proven experience with Terrain / World Art and credits on multiple AAA Titles
- Tools expertise with World Machine and Mudbox is required
- Proficient at sculpting natural landscapes of varying terrain
- Possess a good knowledge of cutting-edge shader techniques
- Experience with technical limitations and constraints related to Terrain
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Working knowledge with ZBrush , Blender , Maya , Modo , 3ds Max and/or Photoshop is desired
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.Meanwhile, pleasecheck out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 615 people from 47 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.