Workplace Facilities Manager
23 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Workplace Facilities Manager will oversee the general office services, facilities space, building and business operations and planning. You will liaise between Corporate Eng, Facilities, and respective leaders of departments for operations, moves, onsite amenities and other resources for Roblox HQ.
You will implement best practices for the facilities and office services, and manage the daily responsibility and operation of all office services and facility needs. You will plan, budget, and schedule facilities modifications, minor projects, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials, furniture, and other related costs.
This role is full-time and located at our headquarters in San Mateo, California and reports to the Head of Real Estate/Facilities and Workplace.
- Oversee the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facilities expansion
- Manage a team and be responsible for hiring and their development
- Ensure overall effectiveness of employees in their work environment, promote a positive corporate image, and ensure safe working conditions
- Ensure that the building premises are functional, safe and meet OSHA requirements
- Ensure the facility meets health and safety requirements
- Ensure the most cost effective real estate solutions that meet operational needs are obtained
- Plan, budget and implement facilities changes to support business activities
- Manage / liaise with building owners, maintenance staff and janitorial staff
- Manage furniture, conference rooms, lunch rooms and common area seating environments
- Ensure all "technology" works to support daily productivity and operations
- 10+ years of total experience in facilities managing day to day operations and office services in a scaling organization
- 5+ years of direct people and/or vendor management experience
- Experience in project management within construction, leasing or real-estate
- Experience with financial planning, tenant improvement capital costs, and long-term facilities costs
- An understanding of commercial tenant improvement requirements and construction standards
- Strong problem solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
- CFM certified (preferred)
- A collaborative person who enjoys working with all levels of management and staff
- Empathetic and passionate about mentoring others
- Able to work onsite Monday through Friday and as needed on weekends
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$133,430 — $163,460 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.