Workforce Planning Operations Analyst
USA-CA-San Diego-Via Esprillo / 721
5 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Workforce Planning Operations Analyst
San Diego, CA / San Mateo, CA
Our Global Consumer Experience team is looking for a Workforce Planning Operations Analyst in our San Mateo, CA or San Diego, CA location.
Sony is not just a brand, it’s an experience. As our founders once said, “Curiosity is the key to creativity.” And, internally we often use that creativity to collaborate across organizations to find the most effective and efficient solutions to shared challenges. The Sony family relies on our Consumer Service team leaders in the Consumer Electronics and PlayStation groups. As the Workforce Planning Operations Analyst for these two teams, you are a results-driven thinker who understands the Sony and PlayStation consumer’s experience needs and can translate those into actionable initiatives. Your experience managing time in fast-paced environment enables your ability to partner across an organizational matrix to gain optimal results with structured timelines. Be a member of the team dedicated to ensuring the Sony consumer experiences the best support to enable them to keep enjoying their personal and home entertainment to the fullest!
Operations Analyst Priorities and Responsibilities
- Identify and recommend innovative solutions, i.e. automation and data-inspired process enhancements.
- Communicate results, trends, as well as corrective actions to senior management in a clear and concise manner.
- Create and cultivate fortuitous relationships across functional/third party teams to drive collaboration and execution toward common goals.
- Partner with internal technical teams to recommend and ensure the delivery of changes, improvements and solutions to optimize service delivery, platforms and results.
- Partner with global teams / Vendor partners to create and validate contact and staffing forecasts to meet desired goals and Service Levels.
Workforce Management Priorities
- Optimize schedules through over/under analysis, taking into account the variables that affect voice and chat volume forecasts.
- Optimize staffing levels, actively monitoring availability and deficiencies.
- Monitor and analyze schedule adherence, productivity and report shrinkage trends.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with BPO partners to ensure compliance with forecasts and critical metric requirements.
- Work with internal finance and budget planning teams to align forecasting and fiscal goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; Advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years workforce planning experience in a call center environment
- Experience with WFM and scheduling software
- Ability to interpret WFM data to assist with forecasting staffing needs
- Experience successfully performing in a dynamic environment and can partner across many different departments to deliver optimal results against challenging timelines.
- You love the opportunity to travel, and will be visiting our contact centers or other Sony offices every other month.
- Weekend and evening schedule flexibility required to support major programming events and prioritize unexpected incidents.
- You're a strong communicator who is able to build compelling slide decks and present a narrative that will influence and inspire others.
- Analytically minded with ability to parse through a large volume of data to detect trends and report on insights. You should be adept at using Excel.
- Exceed in thoughtful conflict resolution, negotiation, and relationship-building (preferably global experience across diverse cultures)
- You are customer service oriented
- Ability to work well independently or within a team, and adapt to dynamics associated with emerging / maturing products and services.
The Extra Stuff
- Master’s degree or MBA in a related discipline.
- Professional certifications in WFM and Forecasting related disciplines.
- Knowledge of SFDC, NICE-inContact Workforce Management Enterprise (IEX) software or similar platforms.
- Experience working in a multilingual environment and/or a good knowledge of another language.
- Experience working within the gaming and consumer electronics industry a plus.
- Excellent teammate with a positive attitude who is fun to work with.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.