This job might no longer be available.
Womxn Develop at Ubisoft - Game Design
San Francisco CA us
11 days ago
Game Design: The Challenge
Design a new operator for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.
This challenge takes you through the different stages of defining your design goals, creating a pitch document that outlines player experience, and constructing a prototype plan for your design. Consider what design challenges you’d like to address in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.
The challenge is open to applicants who:
- Currently attend OR have graduated from a post-secondary school no earlier than Spring 2019
- Are students or recent graduates with less than 2 years professional experience in game development
- Identify as womxn
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Able to work in San Francisco in summer 2021 (we will cover the cost of temp housing)
- This challenge must be completed individually. Team-based submissions will not be reviewed
Any pitch materials or game ideas submitted by applicants to Womxn Develop at Ubisoft will not be used by Ubisoft San Francisco Inc. and remain the property of the applicant.
Application Requirements and Documents
Submit your resume online by Sunday, September 27th, 2020.
Tips for submitting your application
- Take time to review the schedule of deadlines for the challenge and consider other time commitments you may have due to school or work, to be sure you can complete the challenge.
- Talk to your instructors if you have class deadlines close to key dates for the challenge; they may be able to help you plan your time or make alternative arrangements.
Selected finalists will be chosen based on the strength of their goals and pitch and paired with mentors from Ubisoft San Francisco to check on their progress and offer design advice as they develop their prototype plan.
Select candidates will be invited to virtually present their prototype plan to the Ubisoft San Francisco judging panel. Ubisoft San Francisco will designate up to five finalists, dependent on the recommendations of the Ubisoft San Francisco judging panel.
Ubisoft San Francisco is the sole judge of this contest and reserves the right to elect the panel as it sees fit; the judges’ decision is final and non-negotiable.
Winners will be selected based on their prototype plan and will be offered a paid internship at Ubisoft San Francisco in Summer 2021, gaining hands-on experience in a game development team, and continuing mentorship from experts in their field.
Winners will be announced in January 2021.
One (1) paid Intern position at Ubisoft San Francisco. The Internship shall be for a length of up to three (3) months at Ubisoft San Francisco studio, during Summer 2021. Dates subject to change at the sole discretion of Ubisoft.
Key Dates 2020
September 27 – Application – Resume Submission Deadline
October 2 – Confirmation of Eligibility, and start of Stage 1: Goals
- Eligible applicants will receive an email confirming their resume submission and inviting them to participate in Stage 1: Goals.
October 18 – Stage 1: Goals Submission Deadline
October 30 – Finalists Selected, and start of Stage 2: Pitch
- Selected finalists will be invited to take part in the next phase of the challenge. Each challenge participant will have a mentor assigned to provide feedback at key steps in the process.
November 15 – Stage 2: Pitch Submission Deadline
November 27 – Final phase finalists selected, and start of Stage 3: Prototype Plan
- Selected finalists will be invited to take part in the final phase of the challenge.
Dec 7 – Dec 11 - Present Stage 3: Prototype Plan to mentor panel
January 2021 – Winners Announced
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Successful Applicants will receive:
Mentorship - Game Design and Programming mentors guide you through the challenge, providing insights into the development process in Fall 2020.
Internship - Winners receive a paid internship with Ubisoft San Francisco in Summer 2021, learning from some of the industry’s top talent.
Experience – Interns get real-world development experience working on industry-leading AAA games at a large, multi-disciplinary studio.
The Womxn Develop at Ubisoft mentorship aims to attract and develop diverse talent for our studios around the world. With more people playing games than ever before, we have an exciting opportunity to create inclusive entertainment that is truly reflective of our diverse world.
The industry continues to benefit from different backgrounds, fresh perspectives, and new ideas. Develop at Ubisoft supports this evolution by highlighting emerging talent – when they thrive, so does the industry.
Successful applicants receive mentorship from our experts across programming and game design, and hands-on game development experience through a paid internship.
Come build the future of entertainment today with Ubisoft!