Windows DevOps System Administrator
Bucharest Bucharest ro
10 days ago
Your main mission
We are looking for a Windows Systems Administrator to join the Global Network Services team. The Global Network Services (GNS) team consists of network specialists, system administrators and network architects. All of them put their high-quality expertise at the service of game development for Ubisoft in order to support business activities in North America, Europe and Asia.
As a Windows Systems Administrator you will ensure the proper functioning of several Windows servers and tools. In addition, you will work with a wide range of network and telecommunications tools, design automation scripts, and take part in the development and implementation of corporate network systems and projects.
What you’ll do
- Ensure the continuity of operations of the Windows systems for which you are responsible, including the installation, maintenance and updating of Hardware and Software;
- Support production environments by leveraging cloud solutions;
- Work with DevOps best practices and implement CI / CD pipelines;
- Implement the automation of recurring tasks through scripts;
- Monitor system events to ensure system health as well as maximum system accessibility and quality of service;
- Perform advanced troubleshooting in emergencies on systems;
- Maintain the documentation relating to the procedures for network configuration, operation and troubleshooting for the Windows platform;
- Participate in the definition of standards, directives, best practices and measures when required;
- Participate in the evaluation of new requirements, design and technical standards;
- Respond to questions and service requests.
What you’ll bring as experience
- University degree or equivalent experience in Computer Systems, Computer Science, mathematics or other relevant field;
- Ability to design techniques and methodologies to solve problems or deal with unprecedented situations;
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Expertise in Windows operating systems;
- Excellent knowledge of script languages (Bash, Ruby, Python, etc.);
- Good knowledge of DevOps philosophy (CI / CD);
- Good knowledge of automation tools and orchestration tools (Chef, Docker, Kubernetes);
- Good knowledge of Terraform (ideally appreciated);
- Good knowledge of ELK technologies and other monitoring tools;
- Experience with SQL databases such as MongoDB, Mysql, Postgre;
- Experience with Web Servers (Apache, Nginx);
- General knowledge of Cloud providers (such as AWS, Google, Azure);
- Good English communication skills.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume , highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.