3 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
WebRTC developers at Epic impact a diverse set of initiatives from end to end. These range from games like Fortnite where we enable voice chat to millions of players at any given moment to enterprise apps like TwinMotion and MetaHuman Creator which require very high resolution and quality of video. Our infrastructure also powers EOS Voice which is being adopted by multiple game developers around the world introducing voice chat into their game for the first time.
What we’re looking for
- Feel comfortable diving into libWebRTC code and recompiling it
- Deep understanding of WebRTC protocols and operation (STUN/TURN, SDP, RTP/RTCP, congestion control, video/audio codecs and their use in WebRTC)
- Familiar with WebRTC architecture and components (SFUs, TURN servers, cloud architecture, client libraries, browsers)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
- Swift, Java, C# skills
- Operational experience running massive service at scale (cloud hosting, terraform, monitoring, scaling)
- Has worked in a fast-paced and autonomous environment
- Being involved in WebRTC community/WebRTC open source projects/contribution
Remaining knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Remote is OK (our team is global anyway)
- Getting things done attitude
- Self driven
- Ability to learn (you will face many new tools and challenges because we have much more diverse work than usual WebRTC project)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.