Web UX Lead
7 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Design at Epic
What we do
The Online Services team at Epic Games is developing an innovative platform which provides tools and services with world-class features and scalability to developers and gamers. We’re building a foundation for gaming experiences where players around the world can connect and play the games they love, building deep connections around their play. And we’re making it easier and faster for developers to successfully launch, operate, and scale high-quality games.
What you’ll do
In this position, you will have a role in driving UX strategy and owning the end-to-end experience deliverables — working with engineers, product managers, and other designers to ship features to millions of users. The ideal candidate will have expertise in user-centered design, exceptional stakeholder management and presentation skills, and a deep understanding of effective social-oriented identity systems. You’re passionate about using data and analytics to identify user needs to find the right solution to meet those needs across a variety of touchpoints.
In this role, you will
- Perform competitive analysis and balance this with (others’) user research, to advise and validate your work
- Communicate your findings, and recommendations to UX and product team members
- Partner with fellow UX design, engineering, and product managers to conceptualize Identity flows and experiences
- Use logic, hard data, and empathy to advocate for the user
- Present and describe your methods, explorations, and rationale along with a recommendation
- Use a design system to build and maintain product consistency
- Collaborate with Content Strategy and provide reference copy
- Iterate and improve by learning, growing and educating
- Advocate for UX consistency and standards within your immediate team and in the organization at large
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years of real world experience in a tech, social, or mobile environment
- Demonstrated ability to implement UI widgets and features in a game engine
- Expert ability to create wireframes and prototypes
- Expert skills in Figma
- Familiarity with UX Research methodologies and how to integrate them into the design process
- Expert knowledge overall of UX design processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see features through to completion and rapidly modify design as information changes
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative — these traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.