Web Producer (Temporary)
16 days ago
Job Title:Web Producer (Temporary)
The Call of Duty League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Call of Duty League melds Activision Blizzard’s experience in esports with the best practices of time-honored traditional sports.
We’re looking for a proven Web Producer (Temporary) to assist in making sure videos, marketing promotions, and other Call of Duty League web content updates are constantly fresh, fun and impactful. If you’re the one we seek, then you’re a tech savvy, metrics-minded, detail-oriented communicator who is passionate about supporting some of the most content and feature-rich esports experiences on the web.
The selected candidate would join the Activision Blizzard Esports Web and Mobile Team, which manages both the Call of Duty League and Overwatch League. Call of Duty League is the focus of this role, but at times it will require helping to support the Overwatch League as well. We are a very collaborative team.
If you join our team, you’ll help coordinate, buildout, publish, and maintain a host of cool content, keep a fast-paced, multi-departmental publishing schedule straight, and work throughout our web platform to help our Marketing, Partnerships, and League Operations teams achieve their goals. We can’t wait to see what you’ve got!
- Publishing content in coordination with global departments to meet product objectives (BAPP, Marketing, PR, Partnerships, League Operations, CS).
- Provide operational support for digital products during live broadcasts. This includes work on weekends during the Call of Duty League seasons and could possibly include off hours for matches taking place in different time zones (days off are provided during the weekdays when weekend work is required).
- Build defined marketing landing pages in HTML/CSS to specification and coordinate launch time with cross functional teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve workflows across various publishing platforms (e.g. ContentStack, Adobe AEM, YouTube, etc). Find ways to work smarter, not harder.
- Manage metadata of digital content, including assets, tags, titles, descriptions, localizations, subtitles, and more.
- Work with localization teams to request, organize, and publish content in multiple languages.
- Train members of franchise teams to use the publishing platform features.
- Populate franchise web properties with official league content.
- Curate video content across owned and operated video channels.
- Develop cohesive folder structure for assets, manage day-to-day organization.
- Approve and remit permissions to users and maintain security standards.
- Create and maintain Getting Started Guide for new users.
- Gather key promotional assets and disseminates them to hundreds of external partners.
- Edit, re-export and repurpose VODs and graphic assets for editorial and social purposes.
- Generate and maintain dynamic spreadsheets for use by marketing and localization.
- Minimum two years’ professional experience working with websites to execute online content. publication or promotions, particularly for entertainment or technology outlets.
- Basic media editing proficiency, including an understanding of web and mobile asset optimization and export sizes.
- Basic proficiency with HTML/CSS, including ability to optimize published materials, fix broken code, and troubleshoot digital issues for a wide variety of contributors.
- Enthusiasm for adapting to new technologies and means of digital content delivery in a shifting landscape. Change is your opportunity, not your nightmare.
- A team-first mentality, including proven success collaborating with diverse teams in remote environments.
- Familiar with Call of Duty and the Call of Duty League.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience with content creation tools including Figma and Photoshop.
- Proven proficiency with content management systems.
- Deep familiarity with website infrastructures, visitor patterns, and user expectations.
- Familiarity with localization and translation process and a desire to bring the best experience to every fan across the globe.
- Powerfully independent work ethic—you can figure out how to get from A to Z without constant oversight, and you are motivated by your own high standards.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!