11 days ago
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE DIRECTOR OF ONLINE TECHNOLOGY
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
The company is looking to redevelop some customer facing applications to take advantage of advances in technology and streamline development according to standards. It’s an exciting time for the team with a vision to integrate emerging technologies into the company and be at the cutting edge of Web Services. The Web Developer will help to several key websites that are vital to the business marketing activities.
- Build, support and enhance key websites
- Follow defined designs and turn them into a working website
- Work with several existing backend technology, integrating it into SEGA’s websites
- Work closely with Dev Ops team to deliver and deploy our websites
- Collaborate and work with the rest of the development team using an Agile Scrum framework
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of Drupal CMS architecture
- Experience designing, building and using REST APIs
- Expert knowledge using React, Typescript and Next.js
- Proficiency in web basics HTML5, CSS3 (and use of pre-processors)
- Knowledge using PHP (Symfony) + TWIG template engine
- Strong knowledge using GIT
- Experience with dependency management tools like Composer and NPM