14 days ago
Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced Web Developer to support the marketing, publishing, and development efforts of our products and brands. The successful candidate will be technically savvy, creative, and detail oriented. Applicants must have effective communication skills and collaborate with our operations, marketing, and game development teams. If you are excited by new challenges — and a gamer at heart — this is the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a full-time permanent position located in our Burnaby studio. Currently, some of our team is working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe, however, once we are able to return to normal work conditions, this role will be onsite in Burnaby.
- Architect, build, and maintain the Phoenix Labs, Dauntless, and future game websites
- Partner with marketing, operations, and development teams to create new web content to support our product and corporate goals
- Update website styles and systems as needed to ensure that our teams can easily publish blogs/patch notes
- 2+ years of experience in full-stack development
- Experience working with templating languages such as Liquid
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team and is able to provide direction and requirements for new website content
- Comfortable taking ownership of a task and seeing it through, seeking feedback or direction where needed to ensure that content releases are published on time and on-brand
- Values Quality Assurance and dedicated to thorough testing to ensure that all releases are bug free
- Love of video games and geek culture
- Experience working with localized websites
- Experience working with Jekyll static site generator (or the desire to learn)
- Experience writing CSS using Sass (or the desire to learn)
- Experience working with automation tools like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, npm, etc
- Experience building complex HTML based animations.
- Basic familiarity with Python to more easily be able understand our APIs and our various scripts
- Experience with Jenkins
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.
Phoenix Labs is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, with studios in Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.
Learn more about our values->