Web Developer - Server
16 days ago
Live Services is a fast-evolving team charged with accelerating Codemasters' continued transition to Games as a Service and will continue to play an important role since we have recently joined the EA family.
Based at our purpose built Southam studio, in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside and a stone’s throw away from Leamington Spa (or Silicon Spa as it’s become known), we are looking to recruit a Server Developer to join the team. Working closely with other server developers, BI developers, game devs and tech teams, you will be responsible for developing our analytics server capabilities, ensuring that data solutions are working as expected and will be given ownership of our analytics server development tools.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual with previous experience as a server developer and is skilled in C++ / C# / Java. You will also be skilled with SQL and will have some experience with MongoDB, REST APIs and SDKs implementation. This is a challenging and varied role with lots of exposure across the wider business, including our development teams, and has a lot of potential for future career development within our expanding team. It would be great if you have previously worked in the games industry but not essential. What is important is that you have a passion for helping us make the best games experiences possible!
Typical Responsibilities include:
- Working with the analytics team to design and develop data products and models that will help us to optimize Codemasters games
- Work closely with other server developer to develop and scale up analytics APIs solution and update it when needed
- Working with the analytics team to enrich the data gathering from the games and work with game developers to find new solutions
- Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting issue related to the server side for analytics products
- Take ownership of analytics server development tools
- Participating in developing and scaling up segmentation capabilities
- Working with EA tech teams on server integration of analytics solutions
- Working with game studios, IT, 3rd parties and other teams to make sure data is implemented as per design and that data flows with minimal data issues
- Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI and Data solutions
- Taking part in evaluation process and implementation of new technologies that will help the analytics team to optimize the results of the company
Key Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent with proven experience as a Server Developer
- Experienced in C++ / C# / Java
- Highly skilled with SQL
- Experience with REST APIs and SDK implementation
- Working experience with MongoDB and cloud solutions such as Azure, AWS and GCP
- It would be extremely beneficial if you have experience of working in a Big Data environment and toolset
In return we will provide you with:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Outstanding benefits package including annual bonus structure, healthcare & dental plans, discounted employee share scheme, 10 free games per year, enhanced pension plan and much more!
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- Free company minibus from Leamington Spa to the studio
- Free on-site gym
- Large on-site free car park
- Free fruit and coffee
- On site subsidised catering
- Our own pub!