10 days ago
Our Weapon Artists are responsible for producing highly detailed FPS weapons/gadgets, and ship weapons. They work closely with the weapon feature and content teams to deliver these assets to be functional as well as visually impressive.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What do our Weapon Artists do?
- Create FPS weapons/gadgets, and ship weapons from concept
- Work closely with the multi-discipline weapon content and feature teams to deliver functional assets
- Produce weapons that are rigged and are ready for animators to use
What would we expect from our Weapon Artists?
- Ability to produce highly detailed, well optimised weapons
- Solid understanding of the artistic and technical fundamentals of game art production
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment to deliver the best player experience
- Ability to iterate and implement feedback
- Be highly self-motivated and show initiative, being able to rise to challenges and problem solve when required
- Good knowledge of material creation and texture baking
If our Weapons team sounds like your perfect fit, and if you are passionate about games, love art, and most importantly, you believe you can take us to the next level, then please apply immediately!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.