This job might no longer be available.
Weapon Artist - Unannounced AAA title
Barcelona CT es
7 months ago
We are currently seeking a motivated and skilled Hard Surface / Weapon Artist to be part of the Ubisoft Barcelona development team. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
- Model and texture high-quality assets (gadgets and weapons), high-poly and low-poly versions.
- Deliver high-quality art assets and ensure their efficient integration in the game.
- Suggest new ideas for artistic and graphic references for the project, and participate in the project’s
- Take ownership of the work developed and make sure it fits within the game standards and needs.
- Take additional responsibilities and initiatives such as mentoring, research, art direction and recruitment.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role (hard surface modelling) in the videogames industry or a strong portfolio showcasing relevant work for this position.
- Strong modelling and texturing skills required.
- Highly skilled at maps creation, the theory behind the process and how to solve common issues.
- Extensive knowledge of 2D and 3D packages (3D Studio MAX, Photoshop, Zbrush…) required.
- Experienced in the usage of PBR, its theory and material creation.
- Experience with some sort of real time engine or tool (UDK, CryEngine, Unity, Marmoset Toolbag…).
- Knowledge on new texturing and material creation tools such as Quixel Suite or Substance package required.
- Concept drawing or design is a plus.
- Willingness to improve both your and the team’s performance and workflows for the project’s
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to efficiently interact with team
members of all departments is a must.
- Must be creative, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects under pressure.
Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Share knowledge and open to learn from others.
- Excellent english communication skills
Candidates must provide some sort of portfolio
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Assassins Creed.