This job might no longer be available.
Voice Designer [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
14 days ago
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As a Voice Designer at Massive, you’ll enhance, design, and create the immersive worlds Massive is known for; designing, planning, organizing, implementing, and maintaining all voice-related content. You'll be a part of our Audio team consisting of Sound Designers, Audio programmers and music composers. Together with Narrative, Cinematic, production and game-design teams, you're ensuring all voice-related content reaches a AAA standard.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do:
- Designing, prototyping, developing and implementing voice features and content for our game
- Helping organize voice recordings in collaboration with production and third-party providers, according to the project schedule, for voice and performance capture sessions
- Carrying out post-production of voices
- Working on the voice database structure and maintenance
- Continually developing the voice pipeline
- Managing & integrating voice assets in the game, ensuring that deliverables are completed on time and to spec
- Implementation and pre-mixing using Wwise and game engine tools
- Collaborating with localization on post-production in all languages
- Debugging, maintaining, and ensuring the final product quality
What you'll bring:
You have a passion and focus for working with voice and dialogue in games. Your experience allows you to solve problems on the job and organize an effective workflow, which makes you a trusted team member. You have great communication skills and your emphatic nature enables you to easily relate, understand and collaborate with your peers.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant showreel of your audio work is required;
- Relevant degree in an Audio field, or the equivalent work experience;
- Game development experience;
- Experience with recording voice talent and voice direction;
- Proficient with post-production i.e processing voices for cleanup, special effects, and loudness standards;
- Knowledge of audio processing & software (Reaper, PT, Izotope RX etc.);
- Knowledge of Wwise audio-middleware;
- Knowledge of audio capabilities and limitations of the different gaming platforms.
- Experience with performance capture shoots;
- Knowledge of scripting and programming languages;
- Previous experience with a major production through to release
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.