Visual Effects Artist
6 days ago
Amazon Games is looking for a VFX Artist to join our New World team in Sunny Irvine, CA. In New World, players will fight for survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of Aeternum. The VFX Artist implements, under supervision, video game special effects in accordance with a project’s artistic direction and production deadlines. The ideal candidate should have strong artistic skills, and an understanding of the technical constraints on the target platforms. You have a knack for transforming ideas into fluid animations and rich effects. A high degree of familiarity with industry standard tools is desired and a great portfolio is preferred.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
· Create, manage and optimize VFX assets with supervision to complete assets by scheduled deadlines.
· Work with Leads to create requested assets
· Understands simple and standard VFX asset creation, minimal technical knowledge and no work flow experience.
· Ensures VFX are optimized in accordance with the approved game style and technical requirements constraints.
· Cultivate an organized and disciplined workflow
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 2+ years professional experience with at least 1 shipped AAA title or equivalent work in a related field.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or equivalent experience in related field
· Online Portfolio demonstrating ability to create VFX and implement for real-time game engine.
· Experience with PopcornFX, Cascade/Niagara, Unity’s Particle Editor
· Experience using game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine, CryEngine)
· Experience using image manipulation software (Adobe Photoshop, GIMP)
· Experience with 3D software (Autodesk, Blender, Houdini, SketchUp, ZBrush)
· Experience with animation software (Adobe After Effects, Maya/Max, Blender, DigiCel FlipBook, Toon Boom)
· Experience and knowledge of animation principles
· Ability to create flipbook texture sequences
· Ability to concept/storyboard VFX ideas
· Demonstrate basic understanding color theory, lighting, modeling and UV texturing of a 3D object.
· Ability to interpret and transform abstract ideas into compelling effects
· A high level of comfort with scripting tools
· Ability to accept feedback and implement suggestions
· Ability to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.