This job might no longer be available.
Visual Effects Artist (World of Tanks Blitz)
1 month ago
MS-1 Studio, a developer of a legendary mobile game World of Tanks Blitz is currently looking for a junior Visual Effects Artist. You will use our in-house particle editor to author high-quality real-time effects that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project and implement them into our game engine.
As a Visual Effects Artist on Blitz you will partner closely with Art Directors, VFX Artists, Game Designers and other artists to ensure all effects satisfy design and art requirements. You will report to the VFX Lead of the project.
What will you do?
- Create and set up particles effects inside the engine
- Create Effects for UI
- Create mesh effects based on special shaders
- Create effects for maps and events
- Create textures for future effects
- Participate in the development of effects as a discipline (shaders, tools inside the engine, new methods of work)
- Maintain and refine of content at all stages of production
- Tackle all related technical and creative issues that arise both within your team and in collaboration with other units
What are we looking for?
- Experience working with game engines and particle systems in them
- Experience in optimization and creation vfx for mobile devices
- Working experience with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects and Maya/3 ds Max
- Understanding of the principles of physics, dynamics and pyrotechnics; the knowledge of how to create artistic effects, such as fire, magic, smoke, gunshots, water, vapor, explosions, dust, etc.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience working in the games industry
- Experience working in Unreal Engine 4/5
- Experience in creating effects in Cascade/Niagara
- Experience in shaders creation
- Hands-on experience with Houdini FX / Fume FX /Embergen
- Well-versed in color theory; basic knowledge of the physics of light, composition and emotional setting
- Hands-on knowledge of how to optimize graphics for the games industry
- Passion for the games industry and gaming experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.